The benefits of polygyny on society. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Christslave
Christslave Feb 16
My husband and I hear the news or have a life experience where we agree  that more loving adults in the family situation would have made it a whole lot better. What are your thoughts?
djhomealone2
djhomealone2 Feb 25
we feel that a triad even in the older yrs would make life  or death more bearable as we all pass that way sooner or later. As a younger adult with children there are a lot of advantages as well.  Dan
3isbetterthan2
I wish we had of been open to this lifestyle years ago. I  more than my wife was the stubborn hold out.

We had a close friend who know was open to it, but we we're too closed minded to do anything with the opportunity. 

My children would have been better off with another trust worthy adult around. It would have made hospital stays, bills, and life in general easier.

It could save a lot of relationships as well. Better to add to the family than cheat. Say two childhood best friends love the same guy. He marries them both. Problem solved. No fighting or parting of ways.

I know this lifestyleisn't for everyone, but I believe it could solve a lot of relationship problems, and bring more stability to some families. 
Patriarch
Patriarch Apr 1
@Christslave

I think the benefits are numerous. Obviously, you have more adults who actually love the children in the family as their own regardless of who the biological mother might be.  That means more warm hugs, more listening ears, and more people who care how they act and want the best for them.

Assuming all the mothers have children, you have built in playmates.

Financially....Let's say you have 3 or 4 wives.  One or two could be stay-at-home moms, or maybe work from home in some sort of online business, while the others work outside the home. You then have at least 3 income streams when hubby is included. This would provide more resources than most families have access to. Result..more money on hand for educational or even vacation purposes.

Assuming the wives really do bond ( if they didn't ...talk about a short term situation ), they have a built-in support system. They surely would understand each others lives, considering they share so much of them.

Overall, I think the more stable a home and family is, the better for adult and child alike. I think having additional adults that have shared values and truly love each other and the children can definitely add to the stability. A definite win if done right.

IsaacInTheOzarks
If polygamy were commonly accepted, we wouldn't have to hear, "All the good men are taken." A woman could marry into a successful relationship and be a part of something substantive, instead of substandard choices in men.
AaronandAlysha
Quote from Christslave My husband and I hear the news or have a life experience where we agree  that more loving adults in the family situation would have made it a whole lot better. What are your thoughts?
I love your statement, this is what we are trying to est

Quick Search

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo