Domestic Gender roles | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Questions
JQueenie20
JQueenie20 Mar 7
How do you feel about gender roles in domestic home environment?

Share:
theoneo
theoneo Mar 9
While stereotypes change depending upon your time and culture, and nobody really likes their entire gender stereotype, Gender stereotypes are a great place to start a conversation about your expectations in a relationship. e.g. "I'm the man, so will we be able to survive on my income alone? Do we want to to build up some savings beforehand and/or coordinate pregnancies so we're not financially strained?" or "I'm the woman, so will I be assumed to be a primary carer? What if I want to go to work? How can I help my sister wives so we can all get time to ourselves or with our husband?" We shouldn't be afraid to recognise that some attributes of the stereotype just "feel right" while at the same time acknowledging that we're all different and have different wants or needs. Just like any good relationship, openness, honesty, respect and compersion are all important here. There's nothing wrong with everyone doing things equally, and there's nothing wrong with #tradwives either. :-)
theoneo
theoneo Mar 9
Also, no matter what a person chooses to do in a relationship, whatever they do is infinitely easier if they feel appreciated for doing it. Always offering to help, even if it's not part of your agreed "role", and kind and appreciative words every day go a long way and are a good habit to get into in all parts of life.
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo