Have you been approached by a FAKE Sister-Wife? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LifeInCostaRica
It doesn't matter what you do or where you are in the world, you WILL find corrupt people who will try to con you, trick you, or use you for one reason or another.Usually money is the root of the issue.

I'm curious...

Question #1: How many of YOU (couples) (single males) have been approached by FAKE women? Or you THINK you are communicating with someone who you THINK is a FAKE profile?

Question #2: What do you do or HOW do you protect yourself from the SCAMMERS who read your profile and pretend to be EXACTLY what you want...only in the end to ask for that Plane Ticket Money...and has wasted all your time.???

This has happened to me and....I think it happens on EVERY dating site, andmy HAT is OFF to the admin of this site who will investigate and remove people they think is a FAKE.

Share:
robynk
robynk Oct 11
Thanks, and if anyone is having an issue with this please reach out to us. This site like many others ask for help from our members it is only as good as you make it. If you are having problems please let us know with 100% certainty we will Suspend, Block and Ban anyone doing this. Please I know you are all eager to find your matches, But please remember do not send money to anyone, I understand wanting to help, If you want to offer money for tickets, Call it a "reimbursement" and if you choose to give this give it after they arrive. Think about it, If someone can not afford a ticket what are they bringing to a relationship? Again we are here for you all, we talk to many of our members and know almost all of them, there are new members that join daily and sometimes it takes a bit to be in communication with everyone, But if anyone sees or feels something isn't right let us know so we can look into things. Yes people are good and someone looking to scam they can get very good, But if we don't know we cant help. We are here for you all with any questions or issues, feel free to message us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Happy searching and we wish everyone the best of luck on finding their match.
The Forum post is edited by robynk Oct 11
TexasJD
TexasJD Oct 12
Wow. I havent had that happen here. I've had it happen on other sites. Most of the time its easy to spot them though.
robynk
robynk Oct 12
I don't hear of it happening here often we run a pretty tight approval process, sometimes they do get through but if you ever see this or feel something off just let us know so we can look into it.
The Forum post is edited by robynk Oct 12
LifeInCostaRica
@TexasJD

I agree or I believe it MIGHT not happen much on this site...we hope. But what are those signs? What are those things from your opinion that makes it EASY to spot a FAKE.

Maybe with you, me and others involved we can make a collection of SIGNS that will help everyone involved spot FAKE people, FAKE profiles and make this site a better place to be.

Thanks for your input.
robynk
robynk Oct 12
I would say first off anyone asking for money and looking for a match should be in a much better position, I know people go through hard times but one thing to ask yourself is do you want to take on an financial burden of paying for everything? We have quite a number of people that have matched here and are still going strong it makes us proud that we can see it happen, From the beginning, I could also suggest that younger members, under 25 if their family doesn't know of their lifestyle is a pretty big flag, Mostly because they are afraid of what their family will think of their lifestyle and ultimately in the end it doesn't work,
TexasJD
TexasJD Oct 13
Well some major flags should be half assed profiles. To me nothing says fake stronger than a profile with like one picture and limited info. Big red flag there.

I do disagree with the family not knowing though. My family doesnt know neither do the need to know. But thats me. Me and my family arent on the best of terms. Happens when you do something which they consider satanic like become a pagan.
robynk
robynk Oct 13
When a family doesn't know that has always been the biggest drawback. Yes there are people who aren't close to their families and it's usually understandable as to why in those cases. As far as profiles there are many people here that have high profile jobs a d security reasons as to why no photos. Anyone you ask without a photo should be ready to send one in private.
STARTINGMYOWN2018
So here's what happened to me......
There was never any money asked for nor offered so that wasn't our issue. I just feel like I was robbed of my time & emotions. Why seriously take the time to get to know someone if you don't really want to be with them?
     **Question is how do you know if someone is just wasting your time & not really serious in adding you to the family but only playing with your emotions & just stringing you along for as long as you'll ride?
LifeInCostaRica
@STARTINGMYOWN2018 Thanks for your input...I think wasting your time is nearly as bad, but I think the objective from those type in my opinion is to string you along for so long...you eventually ask them to join your family and THAT is when they ask for the money. The plane ticket and then they never come. However, I don't know if that was your case.

Here is what I'm learning. Before I spend too much time...(less than a week talking)...I ask to get on a video chat. I've NEVER had anyone who I thought was a FAKE person agree to get on a video chat. That is usually when the talks end real quick.

countryfamily08
@startingmyown2018....YES!!! You nailed it on the head! Time and emotions are more personal then money and it seems most that's their new game.

TexasJD
TexasJD Oct 19
Quote from robynk When a family doesn't know that has always been the biggest drawback. Yes there are people who aren't close to their families and it's usually understandable as to why in those cases. As far as profiles there are many people here that have high profile jobs a d security reasons as to why no photos. Anyone you ask without a photo should be ready to send one in private.
Yeah, I hear that nonsense with a lot of dating sites. They dont have photos because of their jobs. In like 95% sure no one thinks of this site when thinking of dating sites. Which is a good thing. The 5% of is that do... Well it's because we are interested in polygamy.
TexasJD
TexasJD Oct 19
Quote from STARTINGMYOWN2018 So here's what happened to me......
There was never any money asked for nor offered so that wasn't our issue. I just feel like I was robbed of my time & emotions. Why seriously take the time to get to know someone if you don't really want to be with them?
     **Question is how do you know if someone is just wasting your time & not really serious in adding you to the family but only playing with your emotions & just stringing you along for as long as you'll ride?
That's true for monogamous relationships too. You just have to get a feel for the person. Talk on the phone as much as possible. Again, sadly, this happens more often that we would like to admit.
TexasJD
TexasJD Oct 19
Quote from LifeInCostaRica @STARTINGMYOWN2018 Thanks for your input...I think wasting your time is nearly as bad, but I think the objective from those type in my opinion is to string you along for so long...you eventually ask them to join your family and THAT is when they ask for the money. The plane ticket and then they never come. However, I don't know if that was your case.

Here is what I'm learning. Before I spend too much time...(less than a week talking)...I ask to get on a video chat. I've NEVER had anyone who I thought was a FAKE person agree to get on a video chat. That is usually when the talks end real quick.

Very true. If and when its possible. I am talking to a member here, an absolutely wonderful girl from another country. I have yet to video chat with her but we have used Google duo to have hours long phone conversations. Its not always easy. For instance I work 12 hour days 6 days a week and rotate from 0800-2000 to 2000-0800 every Monday. My only day off is Sunday and thats the day I try to get everything I need to get done... well done. So its difficult for me to video chat this truly amazing girl because 1 I work a ton of hours. And 2 she lives in northern Europe and is like 8 hours ahead of me. Which makes it more difficult to talk because when I can video chat she is at work and vice versa.
However for those with normal lives and talking to someone only a couple states away. That by far will be the best way to weed out the phonies.
OKCPolyCouple
We got scammed by a single lady (using that term lady very lightly) from California a while back. We bought airplane tickets for her and her son to come visit. We lost $1000 on her scam. We talked for weeks and then when it came time to meet and the tickets were already paid for she stop communicating and we were out the money. I did some research and found she had two facebook accounts, one with just her and her son and then a duplicate with her live in white trash common-law husband. A lot of the same pics and info but still the same person. We talked on the phone and I paid for a reverse look up and it was the same person, she just enjoyed scamming people. I ended up talking to a few other couples here that she got to send her money and flowers.

She is still on this site but was I warned by the website Admin that if I told anyone I would be banned from the site. I had proof (copies of the airplane tickets) and copies of the all the emails/text back and forth.

Since the site owner does not care enough to block this person I just blocked them so they don't see me and I don't see them and called it a day. $1000 means little to me compared to the scammer this lady is. She thinks she made off with something great from us but that amount of money is nothing in the grand scheme of life.

Be careful and never ever ever send money or buy tickets for someone you just may get screwed.

sdcouple
sdcouple Nov 9
We think there are "bots" on this site. We received an email from a lady but because we were not a paying member we couldn't respond. So we became a paying member and wrote this lady back. You guessed it...we haven't heard a peep. We'll see if things get better - hope so.
robynk
robynk Nov 9
Id just like to pint out that there are about 3x the couples then singles, Most women that join the site are bombarded with messages many times over 100 at a time. We check out our members here if you ever suspect anyone on here as being a fake please message us so we can look into this issue. There are usually very few and once we get them they are removed and blocked. If everyone contributed to making this site as good as we do it would be beneficial to everyone here looking to build their families. You also have to give it time and sometimes these types of relationships take time and work. 
Rich16Liz
Rich16Liz Nov 15

We are paying members and whenever we are not on the site for a week or 2 we then get "Women" writing to us saying they are interested... we reply and never hear anything from them again. To be completely honest: these "Women" are young and very attractive.... So why would numerous young attractive girls write to a couple with an old fat bald man?????  To me it is the website using it to lure people onto the site to keep the website alive. If these women were scammers or Fakes then there would be a lot of back and forth emails... but nope... no return reply from them after them saying how interested they are.... and most of the replies are generically identical.....

YES all websites has Fakes and Scammers... Just feel this website is heavy on Bot profiles trying to keep people coming back to the website.

JMHO

LifeInCostaRica
Yes...Rich16Liz,  I agree, it does feel that way.  I know a lot of dating sites start out with lots of FAKE Profile in order to lure people and then the hope is that they get enough REAL PEOPLE that they delete or get rid of the FAKEs that they have created themselves.

I hope this is NOT the case here...but it sure feels like you are correct in this assumption.
robynk
robynk Nov 15
I dont know what else to say we have been over this topic for quite a while now, Sisterwives is much different than most all dating sites we do not have bot profiles here where many others do.  If you are having an issue with a female please let us know so we can look into it. Every female that joins this site is checked on  in multiple places, Including if there is any suspicions Identification is asked for and checked, We stay on top of our members to make sure everyone is real. There are cases in a rare instance where 1 may slip through but we usually catch them and remove them. You have to remember when women sign up a lot of them get overwhelmed with messages, There are about 3 times the couples to the singles which we are working hard to change. Sisterwives is only as good as you make it, If you feel like someone here  is fake let us know and we will look further into it and get back with you, You can email us any time. 
Pages: 1 2 Next
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo