How to say this | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
JingoFamily
JingoFamily Dec 30 '21
How to say this without sounding like a bitter jerk...?

I am not bitter about the way things are going, mainly because I/we are not here for play time, an ego stroke, attempting to get laid or whatever. Our whole point in coming here and paying for the service is in hopes of meeting someone who will be a good fit for us and us for her. Marriage is the goal. So when we encounter people who take the equation less seriously, have bad manners, act squirrelly or do the most hilariously ironic ghosting thing it is not something to get upset about. We are clearly better off finding these things out early and parting ways. 

Just getting more and more of the impression that very very few are genuinely seeking plural capital M Marriage. I don't look at a tonne of the single guys or couples profiles so maybe they are just as flakey as the women. Dont know. I do know that "i am an open book just ask" or literally nothing about yourself is not really the best way to find the loves of your life. Higher perception of market value or not, it is a crap strategy. Presuming the goal is to actually find a family, which as I mentioned it does not look like the most common goal. 

Not really sure what the goal would be if the intention was not to fine a good plural marriage. Aren't there more ego strokes and suitors on all of the supposedly mono dating sites?

Would like women to weigh in since the families dont see it from your side. 

Chris
Chris Dec 30 '21
Hello Jingo Family, 

I think the main issue runs into the what not to do TLC Show Sister Wives, This show has really put a bad taste in everyones mouth, and should be canceled at this point. This website/app existed 2 years before the show, and until the show got worse and worse so did the people joining sisterwives.com . As now currently being a trademarked company maybe we should go after TLC for damages, and the bad publicity that the show has brought sisterwives.com and the poly community. We also seen other TV shows like Escaping Polygamy, and the Disastrous Seeking Sister Wife Show come about in the last few years.

Poly Relationships are about Love, and being there for each other.

Sr_1978
Sr_1978 Dec 30 '21
I don't really speak to alot of couples on here, mainly because polygamy isn't common here in the UK. You get it in the big cities but its the religious community. 

I've spoken to a few nice people from the USA, and further afield but I don't know if I could ever relocate, but it could possibly be my only option. 

I have also been ghosted, people messaging and after I reply, poof their gone. I've also had a few scammers, its so irritating. Why does it have to be so hard to be happy!

JingoFamily
JingoFamily Dec 31 '21

Quote from Sr_1978 I don't really speak to alot of couples on here, mainly because polygamy isn't common here in the UK. You get it in the big cities but its the religious community. 

I've spoken to a few nice people from the USA, and further afield but I don't know if I could ever relocate, but it could possibly be my only option. 

I have also been ghosted, people messaging and after I reply, poof their gone. I've also had a few scammers, its so irritating. Why does it have to be so hard to be happy!

In the event you just want to chat about polygyny in general terms...no flirt or anything here, the logistics of the distance and separate countries makes the notion a bit impractical...then we are always happy to talk to people. The last time we were on the site before recently putting our to back in the water with respect to hoping to meet women, it was specifically to network with others and get to know others either living in or advocating plural marriage. 

That goes for anyone reading this, we lived as a plural marriage family for several years so happy to talk to anyone about the topic. 

Sr_1978
Sr_1978 Jan 1
I love talking about anything, it doesn't need to be about polygamy, and there's no expectations. It's just nice to communicate with like minded people. 

I've been interested in living a plural lifestyle for over a decade, but I've never had a plural relationship, like I said its very uncommon in the UK. 

Its always nice to hear about people's experiences, and to get advice and to learn new things.

JingoFamily
JingoFamily Jan 1
I will drop you a line and you can talk with one or both of us
Sr_1978
Sr_1978 Jan 1
Thank you!
cwc419
cwc419 Jan 4

So JingoFamily, I just watched a movie called Here After just released this last year, I think, a bad movie, BUT it brought up something that explains the current situation in the dating world, and which further narrows down to the poly dating world in particular. It's called Dating Purgatory, which is what this online method really is. Very few people are sincere, and why should they be they are an online presents and they can be as flaky as they want. We are a strange group in the world of dating, and so very few take it seriously, both families and singles. I do agree with Chris that the current polygamy shows are doing more harm than good.  There was a time when I would point people to these type shows to try and explain our position about biblical marriage and how these type families really do work. But as of late, I don't point anyone there. That's a mess. Kody Brown has lost control of his family, and he is bringing a bad light to these type of relationship. I know he/they started out with good intentions, but its turned into a wreck. And I would be willing to say, fame did that, not the family structure. But few on the outside see that there.

Anyway, Noblequest nice seeing you here. We have meet and talked several times, 4thefam, BF and here. Hope you are doing well.

Quote from JingoFamily How to say this without sounding like a bitter jerk...?

I am not bitter about the way things are going, mainly because I/we are not here for play time, an ego stroke, attempting to get laid or whatever. Our whole point in coming here and paying for the service is in hopes of meeting someone who will be a good fit for us and us for her. Marriage is the goal. So when we encounter people who take the equation less seriously, have bad manners, act squirrelly or do the most hilariously ironic ghosting thing it is not something to get upset about. We are clearly better off finding these things out early and parting ways. 

Just getting more and more of the impression that very very few are genuinely seeking plural capital M Marriage. I don't look at a tonne of the single guys or couples profiles so maybe they are just as flakey as the women. Dont know. I do know that "i am an open book just ask" or literally nothing about yourself is not really the best way to find the loves of your life. Higher perception of market value or not, it is a crap strategy. Presuming the goal is to actually find a family, which as I mentioned it does not look like the most common goal. 

Not really sure what the goal would be if the intention was not to fine a good plural marriage. Aren't there more ego strokes and suitors on all of the supposedly mono dating sites?

Would like women to weigh in since the families dont see it from your side. 

The Forum post is edited by cwc419 Jan 4
JingoFamily
JingoFamily Jan 4
Hey! I was recognized lol. I miss the old site at times. Met my former wife there...no fault of theirs things didn't work out obviously but as you can imagine it still has a place in my heart.

Hopefully we can make some progress here with respect to those who are seeking and those who wish to have something of a community and support network of similar friends.. Hoping to attend some of the upcoming BF gatherings if not simply organize my own bally Texas plig picnic in the medium near term.

I figure that if there is no fire to light my way, then I will start my own.

cwc419
cwc419 Jan 5
I have a match.
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo