New here | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Questions
Imhopie
Imhopie Apr 24 '20
Why bother putting a profile If people aren't going to read them?
JackClarkPerrySr
JackClarkPerrySr Dec 14 '20
Personally I don’t want to chat with someone that I don’t have anything or a least the same end.
Polywifen
Polywifen Jan 5
I had three people in my matches come up who appear to be looking for casual relationships, it is a bit discouraging I would say.  I DO read profiles, I think women usually do but not sure all men do.  At least not in my experience.
BiblicalPolygyny
As a new member, I would think it would defeat the purpose of NOT reading someone's profile. As a man, I do read them all to determine if they are someone worthy to start a conversation with. I would hope anyone searching would do the same.
Polywifen
Polywifen Apr 30

Quote from BiblicalPolygyny As a new member, I would think it would defeat the purpose of NOT reading someone's profile. As a man, I do read them all to determine if they are someone worthy to start a conversation with. I would hope anyone searching would do the same.

That's very encouraging, I hope men like yourself are in the majority and it's just a few people making the search less tolerable.

BiblicalPolygyny

Quote from Polywifen
Quote from BiblicalPolygyny As a new member, I would think it would defeat the purpose of NOT reading someone's profile. As a man, I do read them all to determine if they are someone worthy to start a conversation with. I would hope anyone searching would do the same.

That's very encouraging, I hope men like yourself are in the majority and it's just a few people making the search less tolerable.

I hope so too. Just in my short time here, I've noticed that not many respond when leaving a message or commenting, but I'm not in this for the short run, but long haul. I would also say that if someone really isn't serious about polygyny, that they don't waste peoples time or their own. Since that can't totally be controlled, not serious people have to be filtered out.
Imhopie
Imhopie May 12
Sorry to hear that. I guess she wasn't being honest with herself from the beginning. They should of discussed it more with each other before coming on the site. I was also communicating with a couple for about 6 months but then it started to feel like we weren't going to be a good fit (due to some of his responses to me).
countryfamily08
We read every profile we look at, because we want to have an idea of this person is someone who might possibly be our match. What’s frustrating to us is when we get random messages from couples or messages from women who you KNOW just by reading the message they didn’t bother to even LOOK at our profile. A lot of questions would be answered just by reading our profile, and what’s not covered then a message is fine. It yes, reading profiles should be the first thing done...in our opinion that is.
advertisement
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo