why do you want to be in a polygamy relationship? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Relationships » New to Polygamy
Clsamford
Clsamford Sep 30 '19
I want honest opinion from both couples and single women.
vegemite
vegemite Oct 12 '19
Clearly its for the dialogue, the chatter, the non-stop backwards and forwards, the bubble of conversation, the meeting of the minds...
theoneo
theoneo Mar 9 '20
I think @StationaryGypsy's blog entry here is worth a read in this context. https://www.sisterwives.com/...t-lasting-sisterhood :-)
Imhopie
Imhopie Mar 10 '20
I personally feel like I have so much more love to give.  I dont want a hook-up. I want Love and Marriage and good friendships. You've got to become friends first, it's got to be about love, honesty, respect.. It's not just about a man it's much more...

samantha13
samantha13 Jul 20 '20
I'm open minded and I have a big heart with a lot of love to give. Relationships aren't perfect. No one person is perfect. Love is caring for someone for who they are and are accepting and forgiving of their flaws. I've only dated men in the past and though it was barely noticeable sometimes, it always felt like something was missing
The Forum post is edited by samantha13 Jul 20 '20
JackClarkPerrySr
JackClarkPerrySr Dec 15 '20
Personally I have more of a Biblical point of view. My wife and I both feel called to it. Although we may never find another woman that wants to join us but if it is meant to be it will. Just want to make sure I’m in the correct places that promotes the possibility of her finding us.
But to your question, I’m not sure either of us “want” to but we are willing to. After talking with others over the years we have found that to do it correctly it is more effort than a mono marriage for everyone.
If in fact you are wanting sex with other than your mate you have now. It is easier on you health well being and bank account to just get a lover or hook up buddy. Because to do this and do it correctly is a lot of work.
JackClarkPerrySr
JackClarkPerrySr Dec 15 '20
Imhopie
Imhopie MAR 10
I personally feel like I have so much more love to give. I dont want a hook-up. I want Love and Marriage and good friendships. You've got to become friends first, it's got to be about love, honesty, respect.. It's not just about a man it's much more...

We agree 100% I don’t understand how people can jump from chatting a few times a video chat to “ hey we are all in love come move in” ! . Friends first if you can become best friends and naturally want to be in contact then maybe love develops and after that, who knows. I’ve know lots of couples that were madly in love but couldnt live together — forget adding a whole nother soul in the mix.
Biggest down fall of online dating = just words, need deeds that is what shows character.
JohnWilson
JohnWilson Mar 22

Cherry and I have a Christian background from our childhood.  So out of curiosity I studied the bible, especially the Old Testament concerning polygamy.  Despite so many mainstream denominations assuming or interpreting scriptures against polygamy every way they can, I don't see it that way.  I don't want to start too big of a biblical discussion (if anyone really cares) because what is really important or most important is what do the mutually consenting adults want for their lives?  If a man has two women who want to share a loving marriage relationship with him and he with them, than that is their choice.  If the throuple marriage is based on love & family and not sex, there should not be any jealousy between the wives and happiness will be shared through their mutual companionship and sharing love together.  Love is choice.  Judge less and love more.

If our personalities are compatible and the desire to choose love is there - I think more people would be happier if they take the chance.  I think I've met too many older people, especially ones who are divorced, who are wanting to take a chance but are just way too cautious about it.  They are so afraid they might pick the "wrong" person again. The women want everything to be just perfect this time.  I understand those feelings.  Just saying some divorced women reading this just consider what I'm saying with a grain of salt and maybe something to think about for whatever it is worth.

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo