Deleted posts | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
theoneo
theoneo Feb 16
This website has a few quirks.  A couple of times I've posted things on my own profile only to have it disappear hours later.

I also know that someone can delete a post by me on their profile, which is fair, but why is there no notification that it has been deleted?  I was about to post the same thing a second time because I presumed it was another quirk, but if I posted it again and it was that they had deleted it, then that person may think I'm harassing them when that was not my intent! :-(

@robynk, can you have a look and see if you can put a notification to the poster if a post is deleted?

Share:
robynk
robynk Feb 16
I'm not sure what you talking about putting posts and someone removing, you can message me. I wouldn't remove unless it had identifying information in it ?

theoneo
theoneo Feb 16
No, no identifying information, but this post was an example!  I put it up yesterday and came back a couple of hours later and it had disappeared.  Went to bed and woke up to find it reappeared again with your reply.  Perhaps I'm witnessing some kind of moderation but it's hiding my own (unmoderated) posts?
robynk
robynk Feb 22
When a post or fourm is created it needs to be approved as to why you may be seeing it and then disappearing, because it is in a pending status until approved. 
Noblequest
Noblequest Feb 23
It would be nice to receive notice when a post has been disallowed and to be told why.
donb
donb Feb 23

We have had several forum posts not make it to the feed for everyone to see. Instead the admin would reach out to us in a message and answer the question(s) we posted or address a concern we may have had.

Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo