Religious diversity | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
truelove4u2
truelove4u2 Sep 10
I believe that we should all live in peace and harmony and that includes within the marriage bond.  Are there any couples who are of different religions that have successful marriages or are willing to try it? I believe that love can supersede religious differences. Does anyone else agree?
Share:
vegemite
vegemite 7 hours ago
I appreciate the positive sentiment and aspirations. However I respectfully disagree. Love will fade over time, and anchor points like a common religion would be very helpful to bind a family together. In particular with regards to the upbringing of children.
truelove4u2
truelove4u2 7 hours ago
I appreciate your comment.  I do think it can be difficult, but it also depends on the two people involved.  If the woman agrees to allow the children to follow the religion of their father or both of them agree to let the children choose for themselves, it can work.  Most of the time, these issues are not spoken about before marriage, so the problem arises later.  
vegemite
vegemite 3 hours ago
Yes agreed it should be discussed well before marriage. Yes it is a successful traditional model for the children to follow the religion of their father. But why do you want a wife not of the same belief? What is the objective of the union? Can two walk together if they are not agreed?
truelove4u2
truelove4u2 one hour ago
Well, in my religion the man is the head of the household and the wife should be obedient to her husband.  That doesn't mean that he should oppress her or tell her to do something that is wrong or beyond her capacity.  He should be merciful, kind, and loving.  He should share quality time with her and help her to do things.  This concept is not strange according to God's scripture, but many don't hold to the Holy scripture when living their lives.  When you have two heads of a household or two captains of a ship, there will usually be conflict and problems.  The structure of the family as laid out by Almighty God is always the best and is the blueprint for success.  If a woman chooses to marry a man, she has also chosen him as her leader and head of her household, this includes him being the leader of the children as well.  For indeed, a house divided against itself is always bound to fall.
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo